4.04.2011

absent minded monday.

It's Monday...how else do you think I feel?

(leather jacket: Forever21, plaid top: American Apparel, black skinnys: Rich & Skinny, fringe purse: Forever21)


"And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me.
You're what I couldn't find.
A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind;
You're everything to me.

Oh, my life,
Is changing every day,
In every possible way.

And oh, my dreams,
It's never quite as it seems,
'Cause you're a dream to me,
Dream to me."


One of my ALL time FAVORITE songs in the world is "Dreams" by the Cranberries. Since I was in the 6th grade, this has been my favorite song. It's the kind of song, that when it comes on...it's hard not to turn it up and feel automatically uplifted and free. I remember when I graduated from the 8th grade (I went to a private catholic school in Malibu called Our Lady of Malibu), the 8th graders had a slide show during the graduation ceremony. Each student had a little "moment" in the slide show, a montage of personal pictures and a personal song they felt embodied who they were. I of course, knew EXACTLY which song I wanted...obvi! But because my last name begins with a M...I didn't have first pick. A girl named Liz Cvitan picked Dreams. Could you imagine. I was severely pissed. My montage would NOT be the same without that song. I ended up picking "California Girls" by the Beach Boys. Not the same...but it worked. 

Sorry for the rant. But this song is exactly how I'm feeling right now...how's your Monday!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any and every comment! xx Mac