4.27.2011

somewhere between here & LA LA Land.

Last Wednesday, I went to the Los Angeles Collective Fall 2011 Preview for work at the Stone Rose Lounge in the Sofitel Hotel in Hollywood. It was a really great event! Some of the featured designers were Katie May, Alexx Jae & Milk, and Pleasure Doing Business. The preview wasn't like any other preview I'd seen before. I knew it was at a hotel...and that I should dress up, as in wear a dress which i normally do not do unless told otherwise so i had to run and buy one.
I expected to walk into a large lit lounge with racks of clothes showcasing each F2011 collection. I couldn't be more wrong. The Stone Rose Lounge is a chic and sexy little lounge with a great bar, great decor along with modern & sexy private lounges outside to sit & sip on champagne. The models featured the collections by acting as live mannequins while a live DJ kept the mood right. Everyone was there enjoying themselves, including fashion blogger Olivia from Lust for Life, fashion editor Liza from Who What Wear, designers Elizabeth & Carol from Ai for Ai, and many many more amazing tastemakers. 
Overall, it was a great night. I ended it by meeting up with a girlfriend in Venice for a couple more drinkys. And for the record...I felt so out of place in Venice, in a dress and Louboutins. Never again.



 Me and Kelly, she's the jelly to my peanut butter at work.



 (dress-H&M S2011, fringe purse-Forever21, heels-Christian Louboutin)

 Ellie, Kelly, Me and Lauren (themostamazingfavoriteassistantever)





1 comment:

  1. your dress is so pretty! love how you accessorized it. sounded like a really cool event!

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any and every comment! xx Mac